NADIA PAZOS, ATTORNEY & MANAGING PARTNER
I’m proud to say that I am not like most attorneys you have met. I bring over 12 years of experience practicing law to guide you through divorce as one human being helping another. I don’t need to use Latin legal terms to feel smart. I just listen and do a good job.
I have been through divorce myself and I know the difficulty of the process and the impact attorneys can have. As an attorney, I am fortunate to know right away when another attorney is overly aggressive or unethical in his or her practice. Sadly, not everyone is able to know this when choosing a divorce attorney. Attorneys can make issues worse during a divorce by choosing to wage costly battles over issues that are impossible under the law. Would you want to pay for a losing battle? Who are these unethical attorneys? Call me. I’m happy to share with you the attorneys from whom you should stay far, far away.
Attorneys can help make a divorce so bad that parents destroy any possibility of co-parenting or, let’s say, attending their youngest child’s wedding in 25 years without making all the other guests uncomfortable. I am NOT that attorney. I am a human being with a conscience. I have received awards based on feedback from clients and other attorneys in the community. The awards are nice because they help me to measure how happy you are with the help I have given you. If, during one of the most difficult times in your life, you think of me and have positive feelings, that means that I did what I was supposed to do.
Call the office to meet with me and decide whether you want me as a member of your team. Whatever you choose to do, just remember that this difficult time is temporary. You WILL look back in the future and say, I’m glad I went through that to get to where I am today.
- Martindale Hubbell’s AV Preeminent Peer Rating.
- Client’s Choice Award for Family and Divorce Law (Avvo)
- Top 100 for Family/Divorce (National Advocates)
- Top 10% of Family Lawyers in U.S. (Lawyers of Distinction)
- Rated 10/10, highest possible “Superb” rating (Avvo)
- 40 Under 40 (National Advocates)
- Client Satisfaction Award (American Institute of Family Law Attorneys)
Licenses & Certifications
- New York licensed attorney
- Florida licensed attorney
- Florida Supreme Court Certified Mediator
- Notary Public
Leadership roles and Community Involvement
- Director & Board Member, Weston Bar Association
- Florida Bar:
- Family Law Section of the Florida Bar
- Appointed to Support Issues Committee
- Appointed to Rules & Forms Committee
- Appointed to Alternative Dispute Resolution Committee
- Collaborative Family Law Professionals of South Florida
- Florida Academy of Collaborative Professionals (FACP)
- New York Bar
- Broward County Bar Association
- B’nai Aviv Business Network Group
- Moana Capital, LLC, Officer
- Weston Moms Group
- Vice President, Weston Bar Association (former)
- Chairperson of Membership Committee, Weston Bar Association (former)
University of Michigan, B.A. (2001)
Yeshiva University – Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law, J.D. (2004)